The Christmas season is a wonderful time of year, but it can also be a stressful time, constantly busy, running around doing errands, attending parties, and trying to get everything done before the big day. It’s important to take some time out for ourselves so we don’t get too overwhelmed and stressed.
Here are our five ways to have a Christmas self-care day:
1. Get outside, take a walk, marvel at the beauty of the Christmas lights. This is a great way to get some fresh air at the same time as relaxing and getting into the holiday spirit and a little bit of exercise is of course good for the body and mind.
2. Take a nice long soak in the bath, light a Beeutiful Body Candle, play some soft music, and relax – the perfect way to unwind after a long day and the perfect skincare treat.
3. Get creative and do some crafting. Make a wreath or some Christmas decorations, or if you’re not crafty, why not treat yourself to a festive colouring book, a great way to channel your stress into something productive, as well as getting into the festive spirit.
4. Get dressed up and take yourself on a date, even if you don’t have anyone to spend the holidays with, you can still treat yourself! Go see a movie, go ice skating, or just treat yourself to your favourite Christmas cookies – you deserve it!
5. Snuggle up with some hot chocolate, a cosy blanket and watch your favourite Christmas movie or read a Christmas novel, a perfect way to relax and escape the hustle and bustle.
However you choose to spend your Christmas self-care day, make sure you do something you love and that will make you happy and relaxed. Taking some time out for yourself will help you recharge and be more productive when you need to be. This time of year is hectic and stressful, so give yourself permission to have a self-care day, enjoy it and have a very Merry Christmas!